This is a project I undertook at least 8 years ago (around 2014). I had inherited a huge load of fleece fabric and really needed to get rid of it. This pattern turned out to be the perfect solution. Using all the stash I was able to create 2 zip jackets and 2 sweatshirts for both my husband and me.
To ensure I used all the fabric wisely I omitted adding on all the items; the pockets and hoods. On my husband’s sweatshirt I added some cuffs, I wished I had done that with all of them now. Also on both of the jackets, I ran out of the same fabric so just added whatever I had left to the bottom of the back.
I have to admit at the time my skills were still being honed in sewing techniques so the zips were a little higgilty piggilty but still are perfect for flopping around at home.
Here we are now nearing the end of another Winter (2022) and my hubby and I are still wearing these makes with no sign of being put out to pasture soon, although my sweatshirt (the blue one in the images below) is not wearing quite as well due to the quality of the fleece used. Even so, this project makes me just a little proud.
I used McCalls M5538 pattern (now out of print) and all in all the pattern was easy to make and I would happily make it again.